Your Own Mystery In Paradise Guadeloupe
Guadeloupe also has an exciting range of activities, experiences and adventures perfect for everyone. Its position between the Caribbean Sea and Atlantic Ocean allows Guadeloupe to showcase some of the most secluded dazzling beaches - imagine azure waters lapping at your feet, golden sands, lush tropical vegetation and chic tourist resorts. For those that enjoy perusing local cultures and relish Creole cuisine Guadeloupe holds a wealth of historical heritage ranging from ancient monuments to traditional spice markets. Alternatively savour the history of the Cocoa and Coffee trade between islands or maybe just set your watch to island time and relax. For the world-weary traveller Guadeloupe will definitely be the place to captivate you.
We can tailor-make your very own Tour around the Island and the holiday of a lifetime in Paradise. Benchmark Travel can look after everything, arranging your flights, accomodation, transportation, excursions and trips.
Why not make your holiday a twin centre? add Antigua, Dominica, St Lucia, St Kitts & Nevis or Montserrat
We can add excursions and trips to your holiday to Guadeloupe including:
- Grand Terre Island - Limestone Island
- South of Basse Terre Island - Volcanic Island
- Les Saintes – One of the most beautiful bays
- Marie Galante – The Creole Island
- Mangrove Et Reserve Marine – Sunny and relaxing time in the Lagoon
- Death in Paradise - The Highlights
- And many more...
SAMPLE TAILOR MADE ITINERARY
1025 Depart London Gatwick
1355 Arrive Antigua
1700 Depart Antigua
1730 Arrive Guadeloupe
Complimentary 40 minute transfer to the island of Basse Terre and the LANGLEY FORT ROYAL RESORT, Deshaies for 4 night stay in a Twin Room with Sea View on B & B basis.
Deshaies is the area on Guadeloupe where most of the filming is done. At the time you want to go the BBC should still be in situ at the end of filming the latest series alought their exact finishing date in September is not yet known. The hotel we have chosen for you is the one used by extras from the cast.
Day at leisure to recover from flights and adjust to life in the Caribbean.
Available in the Resort to help pass the day:
Guadeloupe is a very popular destination for divers from all over the world, and it is very easy to understand why. Great visibility, beautiful corals and a lively wildlife makes diving in Guadeloupe a fantastic experience for divers of all skill levels. Langley Resort Fort Royal has its own scuba centre with instructors certified from both PADI and FFESM. They can help you with everything from a test dive in the pool to a trip to Pigeon Island, once described by Jacques Cousteau himself as one of the best diving spots in the world.
SAIL & SURF
Down by the beach you’ll find our sail & surf center where you have different types of sailing boats, windsurfing equipment, kayaks, jet-skis and stand-up paddle boards at your disposal. The bay “Anse de petit bas vent” is a great spot for sailing.
Jet skis are available at a fee for all guests who have an official boat license from a EU country (demanded by French law).
For DIP aficionados today will be your highlight of the week:
- Tour of the village, pier, main street, church and Catherine Bar
- Visit the iconic police station – St Honore
- Visit the set if filming taking place
- Lunch at Poulet Boucane, serving traditional smoked chicken in sugar cane
- Swim at La Perle Beach where the inspectors house is located
- Wander at your own leisure to shop or grab a drink
Optional Tours to explore the Island of Basse Terre
There is a well-developed range of excursions to the rainforest, waterfalls, active volcano, parks, sugar cane fields, coral reefs, amazing paradise islands and much much more. To mention just a few of our excursions: Coastal fishing, Canyoning, Jardin Botanique, Kayak in the mangroves, Turtle safari, Whale watching.
- Le Parc National de la Guadeloupe—France’s 7th largest National Park
- The Pigeon Islets and Cousteau Reserve in Bouillante
- The spectacular Carbet waterfalls in Capesterre-Belle-Eau
- La Cascade aux Écrevisses—a stunning waterfall along the Route de la Traversée
- The fabulous Grande Anse beach in Deshaies
- La Soufrière—Saint-Claude’s volcano and the highest peak in the Lesser Antilles
- La Réserve Naturelle du Grand Cul-de-Sac Marin—a nature reserve dotted with islets between Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre
- The town Basse-Terre, labelled City of Art and History, is known for its historic districts and the famous Fort Delgrès
- L’Habitation La Grivelière—a coffee and cocoa plantation in Vieux-Habitants dating back to the 18th century
- Le Parc Archéologique des Roches Gravées—the Archeological Park in Trois-Rivières
TYPICAL DAY TOUR ITINERARY
South of Basse Terre Island - Volcanic Island
Its name means ‘low land’ but oddly hosts many amazing peaks, including the very much active La Soufrière volcano, the star of Werner Herzog's 1977 film La Soufrière. Volcanic Island has got top be top of list for places to see in Guadeloupe.
On this trip:
- Take a hike to the impressive Carbet’s Falls
- Tour around Basse Terre City and the local market
- Taste Chicken Colombo at a local restaurant with views of Black Sand Beach
- See a Hinduist temple with chances to get some amazing photos
- Discover the Caribbean medicinal plants and fruit trees in Valombreuse Garden
Les Saintes – One of the most beautiful bays
Les Saintes lies immediately south of the island of Guadeloupe and west of Marie-Galante. It is separated from Guadeloupe by Les Saintes Passage. It's a small archipelago, made up of 9 islands discovered by Christopher Columbus on 4 November 1493. In May 2001, Les Saintes joined the Club of the Most Beautiful Bays of the World.
On this trip:
- Departure by boat from the picturesque pier of Trios Rivieres
- Swim in one of the most beautiful bays in the world
- Visit Fort Napoleon where you can capture some amazing photos and enter the local museum
- Wander at your own leisure in Cute Village
- Local fish will be served for lunch at the bay
DAY 5 – TO GRANDE TERRE
Complimentary 50 minute transfer back to the island of Grande Terre and a 3 night stay at the renowned LA CREOLE BEACH & SPA RESORT, La Gosier in a Twin Room with Sea View on a B & B basis.
This hotel is ideal to use as a base to explore the Town of Pointe a Pitre which we’ll make sure you do on your first day on Grand Terre.
The hotel water sports centre is called La Kaz Notik
Open from 8.30 am to 06.00 pm, La Kaz Notik offer many water sports for all ages. Enjoy a unique scuba diving experience or snorkelling experience, have fun with jet ski or tubing, try stand-up Paddle, windsurfing or surf boarding
Optional Tours available on Grande Terre – see below for some suggestions which we can arrange:
- La Basilique Saint-Pierre et Saint-Paul—the Basilica in Pointe-à-Pitre
- Le Fort Fleur d’Épée—a fortress perched above the town of Le Gosier
- The Pointe-à-Pitre’s Schoelcher museum in honour of the man behind the movement to abolish slavery
- The Memorial ACTe Museum in Pointe-à-Pitre, a place of remembrance, of understanding and of reconciliation paying tribute to the millions of destinies and lives shattered by the slave trade
- Le Gosier Islet—explore the tropical marine life from the new and improved underwater trail (way marked and free to the public)
- Le Golf International de Saint-François—a stunning 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Trent Jones, right on the coast
- La Pointe-des-Châteaux—a site of unparalleled biodiversity and archaeological treasures that has been named “Grand Site de France”
- Le Pays de la Canne—a refurbished sugar cane plant in Beauport, Port-Louis. Now a centre for scientific, technical, and industrial culture, it features an educational theme park where visitors can learn about the history of sugar in Guadeloupe
- Le cimetière de Morne-à-l’Eau—an amphitheatre-like site where the burial vaults are tiled in black and white
- La Pointe de la Grande Vigie and La Porte d’Enfer—monumental cliffs with unforgettable vistas – Anse-Bertrand
More of the Optional Tours available on Grande Terre – any of which we can arrange today including a visit to a Rum Distillery.
Free Morning in Resort
Complimentary Return transfer to the Airport
1520 Depart Guadeloupe
1550 Arrive Antigua
1850 Depart Antigua
0750 Arrive London Gatwick
* Alternative transport arrangements available via Eurostar and connecting at Paris Charles De Gaulle & Paris Orly Airports.
If you’d like us to quote on a tailor-made Tour for anytime in 2021/22 then just get in touch and we’ll do the rest.