Post Brexit Travel Information

For all holidays to the European Union, Switzerland and Iceland after 1 January 2021, there are three key things you need to do before taking off:

1. Check your passport: Passports need to have at least six months left on them and be less than ten years old. (For all other Countries in the World you need to check their UK Embassy websites for details).

2. Get travel insurance that includes healthcare & covid cover: Your EHIC will still be valid until it expires if travelling to an EU country from 1 January 2021, but it is recommended that you have comprehensive travel insurance which includes cover for any pre-existing conditions. If you apply for an EHIC now, you'll get a GHIC, a new UK equivalent instead. Whilst the pandemic continues make sure your policy provides full covid cover.

3. Take the correct driving documents: If you are hiring a car, you may need an International Driving Permit, as well as a normal licence. To take your own you will need an Insurance Green Card.

Need more information? speak to our travel experts at Benchmark Travel by calling 01422 847 847.